ISSUE: Receiving "Exception EOleSysError in module GPReports.exe at 00074879. Error accessing the OLE registry." when trying to print report using GP Reports Viewer. Issue reported on all reports on a particular computer, but only some (not all) computers.
Another variation of the error message:
"Exception EOleSysError in module GPReports.exe at 0005E4BD. Error accessing the OLE registry."
SOLUTION: Please follow the steps below:
- Exit Dynamics GP.
- Launch Dynamics GP by right clicking on the shortcut and selecting ‘Run as administrator’.
- Go into GP Reports Viewer and print a report.
- If there are any errors, please send us the details.
- If there were no errors, exit Dynamics GP.
- Launch Dynamics GP regularly (without ‘Run as administrator’) and print a report using GP Reports Viewer.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This error can be avoided in the future by installing GP Reports Viewer as the local built-in administrator and running a report in GP Reports Viewer while still logged in as the local built-in administrator.
SOURCE: Support tickets 1192, 1197
KB ARTICLE: 20886163
LAST UPDATED: January 15, 2016