ISSUE: Receiving "Failed to retrieve data from database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 911]" when printing a Crystal report using GP Reports Viewer on a workstation. Printing the same report on the server works with no error.
SOLUTION: Open the report in Crystal Reports locally on the same network where the GP SQL data is and update the location of the data source(s) and all the SQL objects. Re-save the report.
- Launch Crystal Reports and open your report.
- Navigate to Database | Set Datasource Location.
- Select or create a new ODBC (RDO) connection in the Replace with section of the window.
- Select the first SQL object listed on the Current Data Source section by clicking on it once, then select the corresponding SQL object on the Replace with section. Once both are selected click Update.
- Repeat step 4 for each SQL object on your report.
- Click Close, then save your Crystal Report.
SOURCE: Support ticket 1205
KB ARTICLE: 20946558
LAST UPDATED: March 27, 2012